In 2009, the ambition of the New York Road Runners’ Leadership far exceeded the maximum capacity of the New York Marathon.
At the heels of the New York Marathon’s continued rise in popularity, attempts to launch new digital experiences and to digitize the operations of the events fell far too short. The new mobile app to enable its runners and digital programs to facilitate event operations struggled under the stress of an event as large and as complex as the 2009 New York Marathon. In 2010, the truth could not be any clearer for the New York Road Runners leadership team: ambitious plans and bold imaginations require a stable foundation of technology and infrastructure.
A 10+ Year Digital Transformation Journey.
In 2010, New York Road Runners embarked on just such a journey with Icreon. While Point A required bringing operational efficiencies and technical infrastructure to event planning, race logistics, guest experience, and e-commerce, Point B however led to a much bigger question – How do we expand, evolve and ignite a global running community?
Technology Strategy and Planning
Customer Experience Journey Mapping
360-degree View of the Customer tracking
- Subscription & SaaS-based transactions
- Flash-Sales Implementations
- Drawing and Lottery-based Commerce
- MarTech platform and process creation
- PMO and IT Org Structure Consulting
- DevOps and Continuous Improvement Practice
- Dynamic Race Capacity Planning
- Virtual Running Service Offering
- Journey to the Cloud Planning & Execution